Hugh Goulbourne nominated for Labour’s National Committee

The National Constitutional Committee is the Labour Party’s top disciplinary body, tasked with looking at any complaints (other than those which are handled by Labour’s new Independent Review Board and Independent Complaints Board) that are referred upwards to it by the Party’s ruling national executive committee (NEC).

Having received nominations from nearly 60 constituencies around the country, Hugh is well placed to be elected to the NCC when the matter goes before delegates at the Labour Party’s National Conference in October.

Speaking after hearing the news, Hugh made the following comment:

‘My family moved to the UK when I was 9 years old. Since then wherever I have lived, whatever job I have had, I have always strived to add value to the people and places around me. I cannot simply be a by-stander – I always seek ways to make a difference, that’s why I am a member of the Labour Party.

I want the best for my children and for every child in our country. Like all of my Labour Party colleagues, I am working hard to ensure we get a Labour Government and, as part of the Yorkshire and Humber Labour Party Executive Committee, I am building campaigns which are connected to the aspirations of our local people and communities.

In the run up to the General Election, it is also critical that the NCC ensures that CLP officers and activists around the country remain united, enthused and empowered by handling their issues in an effective, open and fair way.

With 20 years’ experience in the law and the Labour Party, I will combine professional integrity with a deep-rooted understanding of the Labour movement to make a major contribution to this work. I will be working hard between now and the Labour Party conference to make the case for Labour Party delegates to support my nomination when we meet for the Labour Party’s annual conference in October.’

If you are a delegate to Labour Party Conference this year and would like to talk to Hugh then please contact us using the form below or send an email.